I will be the first person to admit that I LOVE SUGAR! I don't discriminate, I love it all.
I'm always looking for a healthier way to curb my sugar fix, and the barre3 donut holes are my new go to. They are also super easy and fast to make, try it for yourself!
- 1 cup almonds (I add a few more if the mixture is too moist)
- 5 tbsp cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder is great too!)
- 1 cup pitted dates (usually 8-10)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (I add more for a kick, and love using pink himalayan salt)
- 1-2 cups finely shredded coconut for rolling (use after you make the mixture)
- Place everything in your food processor and blend until a cookie dough like texture is achieved. I add water if it is too chunky, and more almonds if it is too moist (moist-I hate that word!).
- Scoop out spoonfuls and roll in the palm of your hand to make a small ball-WARNING! THIS IS THE MESSY PART!
- Place ball in bowl of coconut shreds, and roll it around (try using the opposite hand so you have a dry hand for the coconut, and a wet/gross hand for the mixture) until it is completely coated in coconut.
- Store in air tight container in fridge (or freezer).
Let them sit in the fridge/freezer for an hour or so before chowing down! DELICIOUS!