I can't believe FALL IS HERE! The change in seasons is a great time to create new (and healthy) habits!
One of my go to recipes are these quick and easy fruit and nut bars. They are great for a snack on the go, or when your sweet tooth needs to be filled :)
- 1 cup of nuts (i usually go with almonds, but you can use cashes or peanuts as well!)
- I table spoon or so of coconut oil
- 8-10 pitted mejdool dates (depending on the consistency of the bars, you can add more if needed)
- 1 cup (or if using trader joe's fruit like I do, the whole bag!) of dried fruit
- blueberries, cherries, cranberries and apricots are available all year round and are super yummy!
- 1/2-1 cup of water as needed (if it's not combining all the way)
- depending on the fruit, I sometimes like to add:
- lemon zest with blueberries
- Himalayan sea salt
GET IN MY BELLY:
- throw everything in the food processor.
- combine until sticky
- pour into baking dish and let it sit for an hour or so
- EAT IT